Jan 8, 2012

Te Kupenga International Symposium 2012

Te Kupenga International Stone Sculpture Symposium 2012.
Every two years in New Plymouth the local stone sculpture society holds a large stone carving event with local and international artists. I was on the coastal walkway next to the sea when I drew this. In the background is the downtown shopping mall. Nice weather and with lots of people still on holiday vacation made this year's symposium quite popular with the public.
Drawn in ballpoint pen that stopped working several times because the dust that accumulated on the page. Coloured at home from memory using Photoshop. My colours are maybe more vibrant than the real thing on the day. No wind and LOTS of dust gave everything a bleached look colour-wise and my lungs are probably still a bit gritty. I've been up to where the locals usually do their work before. Here's a link to that post.

No comments:

Post a Comment