Nov 14, 2011

TOPEC footbridge


This is a reasonably quick sketch for me. I often spend ages refining the overall image. This day I was late meeting a bunch of other sketchers and some of them were already on their seconds or thirds. We agreed to meet near the TOPEC grounds (Taranaki Outdoor Pursuits and Education Centre). We were just coming out of winter at the time and even though it was a nice day, you really wanted to be in the sun. So I thought that I would skip sketches of cabins and things and I found a sunny picnic table by the river. Upstream was a footbridge to another wooded area. As I sat there, trying to make up lost drawing time, a fantail did actually land on the wire fence long enough to pose in that spot that I sketched it. (I later received comments of disbelief from fellow sketchers regarding the bird's ability to not spoil the composition of my drawing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment